On Friday, June 14, Cooley’s cyber/data/privacy practice will be hosting an event focused on the use of data in the development of products and services in our New York office.
The intense focus on privacy in the US and globally has raised pressure on businesses that use personal data to create innovative products and services, such as analytics, AI, blockchain, IoT, digital health, edtech, insurtech, fintech, enterprise software, threat intelligence, fraud prevention, clinical trials and other applications.
This program will focus on how companies can leverage personal data towards innovation, while respecting consumer and business customer expectations, embracing fairness and transparency, and balancing legal requirements with the enforcement climate and reputational risks.
Nicholas Johnston, editor in chief at Axios, will deliver the keynote address, discussing the media’s intense focus on privacy and information security.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am Registration & Networking
- 9:30 am – 9:40 am Introductory Remarks
- 9:40 am – 10:00 am Keynote Address
- 10:05 am – 10:45 am Setting the Stage – Data Opportunities in Business
- 10:50 am – 11:30 am Getting to Yes – Securing Data Rights: Theory and War Stories
- 11:35 am – 12:15 pm Danger Zone – Privacy Enforcement
- 12:35 pm – 1:15 pm Lunch Panel: Managing Your Privacy Brand
- Ann Bevitt – Partner, cyber/data/privacy, Cooley London
- Angelique Carson – Editor, The Privacy Advisor, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Ken Frydman – Public Relations Consultant & CEO, Source Communications
- Daniel Grooms – Partner, Cooley & former Chief of the Criminal Division of the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Mia Havel – Senior Privacy Counsel, Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Nicholas Johnston – Editor in Chief, Axios
- Travis LeBlanc – Partner and cyber/data/privacy Vice Chair, Cooley Washington DC & former Chief of the FCC Enforcement Bureau and former Senior Advisor to the California Attorney General
- Bethany Lobo – Partner, cyber/data/privacy, Cooley San Francisco, focusing on privacy and cybersecurity litigation
- Sara Merken – Privacy and Data Security Reporter, Bloomberg Law
- Dr. Nikon Rasumov – Product Lead for Machine Learning, CloudFlare
- Boris Segalis – Partner and cyber/data/privacy Vice Chair, Cooley New York
- Jeremy Sziklay – President, SPARK Neuro
- Bob Sullivan – Journalist and Author of New York Times Best Sellers Gotcha Capitalism and Stop Getting Ripped Off!
- Sheryl Ann Yamuder – Global Chief Privacy Counsel, First Data Corporation
- Ashley Yesayan – Vice President, Revolution Growth, focusing on technology and enterprise software investments
For more information, please email Jana Laster