On Thursday, October 18, Cooley’s cyber/data/ privacy practice will be holding GDPR DPO University in our New York office.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation has required many organizations to appoint Data Protection Officers. With demand for DPOs far outstripping the supply, many newly-minted DPOs need to quickly develop data protection expertise and pragmatically apply it to help their organizations comply with the GDPR.
Cooley’s cyber/data/privacy practice’s GDPR DPO University will help newly-minted DPOs get their data protection footing and develop an understanding of how to address their responsibilities in a business environment that requires DPOs to balance legitimate business interests with individuals’ privacy rights.
The GDPR DPO University workshop will address:
First Session: 8:30 – 9:15 am, Select one at registration
- Beginner: Data protection & GDPR basics, understanding business impact
- Advanced: GDPR and global privacy landscape, understanding business impact
Networking Break: 9:15 – 9:30 am
Second Session: 9:30 – 10:15 am, All attendees
- Understanding DPO responsibilities
- Balancing business interests and privacy rights and choices
Third Session: 10:15 – 11:00 am, All attendees
- Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- DPO reporting to management and the Board
Cécile Abramowicz – Deputy General Counsel and DPO, Via Transportation, Inc.
Ann Bevitt – Partner, Cooley London
Orrie Dinstein – Global Chief Privacy Officer, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Dave Navetta – Partner, Cooley Colorado
For more information, please email Jana Laster.